Friday, April 04, 2014

Playful palaces designed by Alessandro Zambelli


I first learned about Italian designer Alessandro Zambelli when I included his recently released 3D-printed pendant lamps in my Whole Home column for Take Part (which you can find here). But I've only just now seen the Palace line of porcelain and glass table wares that he designed in 2011. (Where have I been?!?)

The dishes and glassware (all inspired by Italian architectural monuments) play on the idea of tourist souvenirs but are an entirely charming, practical, and cleverly designed presentation. Am absolutely in love with them. The rooftops double as serving dishes. The plates have floor plans! Part bento box, part doll house, part puzzle. It's a tabletop toy for grownups.

I'm sold.


Palazzo Ducale, with two bowls, a dish and a tray

Palazzo Signoria, with six plates and a serving dish

Battistero (my favorite!) is a breakfast set comprised of six cups, a creamer and sugar, a tray, and a covered container

Torrione, with six square dishes and a small container... for jewelry or hors d'oeuvres, you decide





No comments:

Post a Comment